WHAT IS yMED?
The project “Young MEPs for European Democracy” (yMED) will simulate a working session of the European Parliament at Latvia University of Agriculture (LLU). For five days, 76 young people between 18 and 30 years from six different European countries (Latvia, Lithuania, Italy, Croatia, Czech Republic, Romania) will experience the European parliamentary democracy discussing the key issue of the inclusive growth and the following topics: labour market, youth unemployment, gender equality, healthcare system, the Bologna Process and poverty and social exclusion. How can the EU strengthen its fight against poverty and unemployment, as the EU2020 Strategy states? How the European Parliament can improve young people’s European mobility? Through a 7 days working session, the young MEPs will draft a final resolution on the topic basing their activity through official documents and statistics. yMED encourages young people’s involvement as European active citizens.
Overall, keeping the 2014 European Parliament elections in mind, the project aims to foster the young people’s participation to democracy through the operational knowledge of a component of the European institutional triangle. The European Parliament simulation will take place in Jelgava from the 16th until the 22th of March 2014 and will be hosted by the project applicant, the Latvian University of Agriculture.
As partner of yMED project, Associazione Nìke warmly invites you to participate. As a parliamentarian you will be able to:
- Experience the decision making process of the European Parliament, have your say and participate in adoption of resolutions on important issues affection quality of life of youth (youth unemployment, education, health, social exclusion etc.);
- Possibly become one of the representatives of Young Members of European Parliament to visit EU institutions in Brussels;
- Meet almost 80 young people from 6 different European countries;
- Gain new experience participating in intercultural evenings, common sports activities, music, etc.
Young people will participate to the following activities:
- Activity 1: Italian MEPs Incubator: at the end of February, participants will go to Bologna for a two-days “incubator” (Seminar) to prepare the simulation.
- Activity 2: Simulation of the European Parliament: The simulation will take place in Jelgava from the 16th until the 22th of March 2014 and be hosted by Latvia University of Agriculture.
The participation fee is 60 EUR.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
We are looking for 4 Italian participants (2M/2F) from 18 to 30 years old.
To participate, please fill in and sign the Application Form by 25 January 2014 and send it to email@example.com. In February be ready to participate in the Incubator – preparation activity (training) where we will provide necessary information so you acquire skills, competences and knowledge about European Parliament before becoming a parliamentarian.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Have your say! Become one of 76 young parliamentarians and vote your future!
Project yMED is financed by the EU Youth in Action Programme. The main goal of the project is to promote youth active citizenship and European citizenship, to develop solidarity and promote tolerance and mutual understanding among young people from different countries in Europe. Project is implemented by 13 partner organizations in 6 European countries – Latvia, Lithuania, Italy, Croatia, Czech Republic, Romania.